Riding the Current

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Florida Aquarium

On June 8th-9th, we went down to Tampa, Florida for my birthday and we were going to stay at the Marriot Waterside. We got the 12th floor with a balcony overlooking The Channel. We were able to see a Sulfur Ship come through. That occured as soon as we arrived. For dinner we went to the Spaghetti Warehouse in Ybor city. We took a trolley there, as they have 3 entire trolley systems in Tampa. The one we chose eventually wound up in Ybor city. On the way via trolley, we got stopped by a freight train. The best part was that the train had a caboose on the end of it! After dinner, we went to a huge arcade and played for nearly 2 hours! We went to sleep with an amazing view of The Channel.
The next day, we went to the Florida Aquarium located ALMOST next door! I'll explain with the pictures when they come. We also got to view a Cruise Ship set-sail AND the U.S.S American Victory!


This is a Farowella Catfish that is similar to a Plecostomus. Sadly though, I don't know anything about them.




This is a one of many Albino Bristlenose Plecostomus in their 2,000 some-odd gallon aquarium!


This is a close-up of the bristles on their nose. Only the males have them. They had only one female in the aquarium.


This is looking down the length of the aquarium.


This is a clown loach that was about 4 inches long. They get MUCH larger than that though.


This is a Gold Nugget Plecostomus, they are very cool looking and I'm looking to get one when I complete my species in the Loricariidae family show-aquarium.


This is the Carnival Inspiration setting sail. She was 855ft long with a crew of 920 and was able to hold 2,520 people! It was an AMAZING ship. I will make another post pertaing to nothing but the Carnival Inspiration!
posted by Jessica's DS at 6/19/2007 07:28:00 PM

4 Comments:

I went there with you!!!!!!!!!! P.S. the suckerfish with the spines looks SOOOOOOOO WEIRD!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:40:00 PM  

Well...

FYI it's not spines, it is actually feelers similar to the general catfish that you see with whiskers, hence the name "Catfish." These feelers are used to detect food and other things such as danger. Also, it is albino.

Jessica's DS

P.S. I'm getting one as soon as I can!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:08:00 PM  

I use to have a 55 gallon aquarium...and the Plecostomus were my favorites! I love that Gold Nugget one...looks so cute all covered in those yellow polka-dots! And, I was also able to name the Clown Loach. Nice pictures!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:48:00 PM  

Great pictures!!! I am glad to see the updates to the blog!! see you soon!

YDAM :)

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home